Strong industry associations are critical for bringing firms together to tackle shared problems and take advantage of shared opportunities. The TDU has helped set-up the Textile and Garment Manufacturers Association of Tanzania to fill this role in the textiles and garments sector, and will continue to help the independent organisation grow to best support its current and future members.
The Textile and Garment Manufacturers Association of Tanzania
TEGAMAT is in the early stages of establishing itself as the voice of textile manufacturing in Tanzania and bringing the concerns of the industry to the notice of government. As it develops, TEGAMAT will also:
- participate in trade preference negotiations
- represent and support manufacturers at regional and international trade shows
- research potential markets for its members
- react to situations that impact the industry
- coordinate relevant training and management briefings